This easy vegan chili recipe is full of ingredients so it will melt your heart! It has many vegetables, spices, beans, and tasty small meat crumbles.
You will find this recipe very easy to prepare and you can also freeze it for further usage if you like.
[Read: The Best Recipe For Turkey Chili]
This easy vegan chili recipe is the perfect thing for this weather, it will make you warm, cozy and comforting!
Easy vegan chili recipe
- First, you need to heat a large pot on medium heat and add oil in it. After that include onions, peppers, and jalapeños. Cook them until they become soft and lightly browned (7-9 minutes).
- Then include the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds until fragrant. Don’t forget to stir all of the time.
- Then include the spices as well: chili powder, cumin, oregano, and smoked paprika and mix for 30-60 sec.
- After this add the vegetable broth and stir well.
- Include the roasted tomatoes too.
- Include the tamari, cornmeal, brown sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and pepper. Then turn on the heat a little in order to simmer more. Then lower the heat again to simmer lightly for a period of 10 min while stirring constantly.
- Here come the beans and corn. Add them and simmer for another 10-12 minutes.
- In the end, include the veggie meat crumbles and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Taste it for seasoning and add more if necessary. Put it away from heat and leave it like that for 5 minutes before you serve it.
Tips for making it better
-You should cook the chili for a minimum of half an hour to have a better flavor. You can cook it longer for a deeper flavor, but on low heat and stirring constantly.
-The chili is even more delicious the next day because the flavors will combine fully, so it’s best to prepare it ahead and store it in the fridge. Reheat it and add a few splashes of broth if necessary.
-If you think its taste is a bit acidic, add little brown sugar or a splash of molasses to balance it and cook it a little more.
-For better taste instead of water you can use a flavored broth as a base.
[Read: Tasty Creamy Herb Chicken For You]
Thicken your vegan chili
If you like this easy vegan chili recipe to be ticker then you can use 2-3 tablespoons of cornmeal to achieve that. There are also other ways for thickening such as:
- Try to simmer it for a longer time in order to cook the liquid. This will also combine better flavors.
- Include a second can of beans or vegetables.
- You can mash up a small portion of the chili by using a potato masher and then continue to stir.
- If you leave it a little after it is cooked it will naturally get ticker.
Source: veganhuggs.com; www.veggiejam.com