This meal comes from Turkey and it is really popular. It is known as gozleme and we will give you the recipe of how to prepare it with feta and spinach.
- 8g sachet instant dried yeast
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil (see tip)
- 100g baby spinach
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. First, you need to mix the following things in a jug: yeast, 300ml warm water and sugar, and salt. Use a fork in order to stir it. You should cover and leave it in a warm place for 5 minutes or until you notice that there are bubbles forming on the top of it.
2. Take one big bowl and put the flour inside. Include the yeast mix as well and add 2 tablespoons of oil. Then start to mix it until you get a dough that is soft. Then take it out and put it on a surface where you previously put a little flour.
Then knead for a period of 5min or until it becomes elastic in texture. After this, you need to cut it in 4 pieces. Then put it on a baking tray that was previously greased. Cover it by using a clean towel and then put it in a warm place for a period of 20 min until the dough gets bigger almost double.
3. You should form a rectangle that is 35 x 45 cm from each piece of dough. Then put one-quarter of the spinach only on one half of the rectangle. Then include the feta and add a little salt and pepper. After this fold the other half of the dough in order to close the filling and press a little in order to seal the edges.
4. Take one barbeque plate and heat it on medium. Then put oil (2 teaspoons) on one side of the gozleme and cook it for around 2-3 minutes or until the color it gets is golden.
Then do the same with the other side. After this is done you can remove it from the heat and put it on a plate. You should cut it in quarters and put lemon when you serve it.
This recipe is for 4 serving and you will need for around an hour to make it. Enjoy!